Friday, December 19, 2008

first real snow



(Try double clicking on the above two close up shots to enlarge the photos. I think they came out amazing- of course I'm slightly biased about the beauty of my two dogs. This may be my best ever shot of Misty, as she rarely looks straight at the camera, and the facial expression is so her. She adores snow, can you tell? I think I will have to have this photo enlarged and framed.)

I feel like my blog is becoming a weather report.

We are in the midst of our first "real" snow storm. We should be getting about a foot tonight. Our school let out 2 hours early today. Actually, the students were let out 2 hours early. The teachers had to stay an extra hour, so we could sit around and twiddle our thumbs watching the snow come down. Go figure.

Anyway, I don't mind driving in the snow, as long as I can make it up my steep driveway and into my garage. Less than 6 inches of snow had fallen, so I was good to go. Snow tires are a marvelous invention.

I couldn't wait to get home and get the dogs outside to play! I have been waiting for a good fluffy snow like this for them to romp around in.

Boy, did they have fun! No agility today, just pure playtime! I did shovel off the teeter and table, but it is still snowing. I may have to shovel the dogs some paths tomorrow, as the snow may be too deep for them to even walk through. Being that they have herding tendencies, I have to shovel circular paths to keep them happy in the winter.



After playing, we came inside and I made a batch of homemade chocolate chip (carob chips really) cookies for the dogs. Oreo's 2nd birthday is on Tuesday, so I wanted him to have a special dessert to share with Misty.

3 comments:

betty said...

Misty and Oreo on holiday in the Yukon. What a delight!

Diana said...

The pictures are great!! You are so lucky to have snow. I miss snow. Diana

Ricky the Sheltie said...

We absolutely love the photo of Misty!! Wow, that's a lot of snow! We haven't gotten that much yet this year and mom hopes we never do.