Tuesday, December 9, 2008

3 poles for Misty~girl

I ordered another set of weave poles last week, so I could have a full set of twelve. I figured I could keep 6 inside for indoor winter practice, and then bring the new set outside in the spring, hook it up to our original set and see how Oreo does with 12. He has been doing great with 6.

I didn't want to bring my old set inside, since Oreo likes to use them as "pee poles". Yuk.

The new poles arrived in the big brown truck today, so I thought I'd see if I could get Misty to weave a bit. I started her out with just 3 poles.

If you thought her teeter was slow, wait until you see her weaving in this video:

video

I think once I actually stopped weaving, Misty did better. We'll practice some more tomorrow.

I did have Misty out on the teeter today, and she was able to go a bit faster. I even let it drop on its own, and the "bang" didn't seem to bother her at all.

I feel like I am becoming one of those annoying mothers who record every moment of their child's life on camera, and then forces every person on the planet to oooh and ahhh over her child (uh, dog in my case)!

5 comments:

Diana said...

Misty is really coming along quickly. Video tape all you want. Lets face it, if no one wants to watch it, they dont have to right? Its not like you brought them over for dinner and are making them watch the video. LOL. Plus down the road it always good to come back and see what you use to be like as a team. Or even just trying to remember training things you did. Have fun! o'yea I think you win hands down on the strange things dogs eat with the cassette tape. Yuk!!

Ricky the Sheltie said...

We agree with Diana!

Misty is doing great!!!!

Sara said...

Thanks for your support!

After our dog ate the cassette tape, people would tease us and ask "What song did she play when you pet her?"

Dreadnought said...

No way Sara, if it were a baby you were showing in your video I would have been long gone, as it is I keep on coming back for quick doggy fix. They're such lovely dogs. Bob.

Sara said...

Thanks Bob. Dog people are the best.