Tuesday, November 25, 2008

poor misty

I had to bring Misty back to the vet today. She had what looks like a human hemorrhoid, but dogs don't get hemorrhoids (lucky dogs).

The vet removed it and sent it off to the lab. She said it is either a benign polyp or a cancerous tumor.

The vet told me she has never had one come back malignant, so I am hoping that Misty's is just a benign polyp. If it is cancerous, she would need surgery that requires removing part of her rectum (ouch), which sounds complicated to me.

Unfortunately, with the holiday, we may not have the results back until Monday.

Let's hope its a slow week at the lab. The DHL guy showed up while I was paying my bill, and the vet techs made him wait. So, I think they may have been getting Misty's sample packaged up. Maybe, I'll know by Friday.

Regardless, she is eating, acting, and playing like her normal self. If the weather improves and the backyard dries up a bit, I will have her out doing some more agility, until the vet tells me otherwise. My vet does agility with her dog, so she understands.

4 comments:

Ricky the Sheltie said...

Sorry to hear about Misty - we'll keep our paws and fingers crossed that it is indeed benign. Waiting for the results may be the most difficult part.....

Diana said...

We will keep you all in our thoughts. Keeping our fingers crossed for a polyp. Diana

tatumtot said...

Oooo I hope it all turns out well! No worries are aloud over this fun vacation when the beans are all home though!

Collie loves to you guys.

Sara said...

Thanks to everyone for your good wishes for Misty's health. I'll keep you posted!