Friday, November 14, 2008

Misty Portraits

Misty often gets the shaft on this blog, while Oreo gets to be the celebrity.

Oreo, like a celebrity, loves the camera. I can get super close up with my camera, and it doesn't phase him. Oreo even poses for me; he'll tilt his head left and right. He grew up with my camera in his face, so I guess he's used to it.

Misty, on the other hand, turns around the moment she hears the auto focus beep, or runs away if the lens gets too close to her face. As a result, I've been unable to capture the close up portraits of her that I really want.

Today, the outdoor lighting seemed perfect (not that I really know much about photographic lighting). What good lighting means to me is the sun isn't shining in my eyes, but its bright enough not to need a flash.

I decided to attach my telephoto lens. That way I could close in on Misty, without getting in her face, so to speak.

I haven't had much practice with the telephoto, so out of 40 shots, I only had about 8 keepers. Thank goodness my camera is digital!

Here are 4 good enough to share. Misty is so gorgeous. I love the nose shot.





Our photo session was cut short by our pesky celebrity dog, who was jealous that the limelight was not on him. He stepped in front of the camera, blocked my view, and proceeded to lick the lens. Ick.

So, quickly we were back to agility and ball throwing, while Misty resumed her post at the corner of the fence to keep an eye on the neighbors. Oreo always gets his way.

4 comments:

Diana said...

Great shots. What type of camera do you have? Diana

Lian said...

I love Misty with her sweet, gentle expression, she is just gorgeous!!

Sara said...

The camera I have is a Canon EOS Rebel XT 8.0 megapixel.

We got it as a package deal on Ebay, with the telephoto lens, tripod, memeory cards, and a bunch of other stuff. It is a bit pricy, but the quality is amazing.

Initially, I wanted a camera which would produce quality action shots, but the close ups are what I fell in love with. I love how I can see every precious strand of fur.

Ricky the Sheltie said...

Great photos - Misty is a beautiful Sheltie! I think I like the second one the most!