Sunday, November 23, 2008

Full chute for Misty~girl

It was a little warmer out today (32 whopping degrees), and the dogs were anxious to get outdoors. I set up a mini agility course in the yard, and ran with Oreo for about twenty minutes. That warmed me up, and Oreo had a blast.


I have to work on getting him to slow down on the teeter, because once he gets running he flies right off the end.

After I was warm, I decided to see if I could make some more progress with Misty on her chute work.

Well, within a couple minutes, I had the chute all the way out, and she was chuting like a champion. Had to run inside for my tripod!
video


Ya know, when Jeff bought the video camera, I think I said, "When are we ever going to use that?"

Well, I don't think he's ever used it!

4 comments:

Diana said...

Thats funny about the video camera. It was cold here this morning but then warmed up. I was having trouble with my dog flying off the teeter too. My instructor told me the play the teeter game. You put your dog in a sit stay a few feet back from the teeter so they have to run up on to it. Then you go to the end of the teeter and turn around and face your dog. Call your dog to the teeter and have food in your hand. When your dog gets to the end of the teeter give him/her the food and let the teeter drop. ( you can let it down slow too if you need to). Do that at least a couple of times a week. It really helped Miley. Diana

Sara said...

I will try that. I've been saying "wait", and usually that works. However, when he is really excited he just can't wait. Maybe with food he will be more motivated to wait for the drop.

I just don't want him to get hurt. He's fearless when he's on that teeter.

Ricky the Sheltie said...

"Chuting" is a good word for it!

We were out yesterday too - it was 37 here!! Mom said it felt like a heat wave!

Are you going to do 2o2o for the teeter? I do 2o2o for the teeter and the dogwalk and then I don't fly off the teeter.

Sara said...

I have practiced 2o/2o with the teeter, but never when we have been doing a sequence. So, it has always been at a slow pace. I'll try it, and see how it goes when he's going super fast.

Oreo does do 2o/2o on the dogwalk though.