Sunday, October 26, 2008

thanks Lian~

A fellow blogger, Lian, had seen my last video of Oreo's backyard practice. She told me that the jumps we were doing were called "snakes", although I think here in the US they might be called serpentines. Leave it to the Americans to make it sound even scarier.

Lian was kind enough to email me this handy baby snake sequence:
I thought I'd share it, in case anyone else wanted to try it.

She told me that if I angled the jumps like this for a while, then lined the jumps up in a row (like I had done in my video), Oreo would automatically jump right over them when I sent him.

I tried it this afternoon, and it was so easy! The hardest part for me was setting up the jumps. I had to keep looking at the diagram a thousand times, and turning the jumps this way and that. I never was very good at geometry.

Once I had the jumps in position, Oreo was flying over them, and I gradually put them back in a straight line.

Lian was right. Oreo jumped right over all three without me having to do any elaborate hand commands.

Thanks Lian!

4 comments:

Lian said...

Glad that helps!

Ricky the Sheltie said...

That's cool! We try to do serpentines and sometimes get them in a straight line, but we hadn't seen the exercise Lian sent. Thanks for sharing it - we'll give it a try today!

Mom also has a terrible time reading the diagrams. She tried to set one up yesterday and she spent forever turning the paper right-side up and up-side down!

Brittany said...

How did you put that on your blog?

Sara said...

Lian emailed it to me as a GIF image, which I think is similar to jpg photos (I'm not a computer geek).

So, I inserted it in my blog the same way I do my photos.

I wasn't sure if it would work at first, but it did.

I think if you had a paper version of a seqence, you would have to scan it first, save it, then upload it to your blog as a photo.