Tuesday, October 28, 2008

learning the elephant trick

Oreo and I have been practicing the elephant trick, where he puts his front paws on a box, and then spins around like elephants do in the circus.

We were inspired to learn this trick by Sizzle, from the Knight's shelties. There is also a blog dedicated to this trick:
http://be-an-elephant.blogspot.com/

Here is a video of today's practice:


I am hoping that within a couple days, I will be able to stay in one place, and Oreo will just go around on his own. I get very dizzy training this trick.

We have been working on this trick for awhile, but were unsuccessful until I switched to this lower box. Now, Oreo is well on his way to being an "elephant".

Isn't it cute how Misty goes around too? Ahhh, the lure of a jerky treat....

3 comments:

Lian said...

WOW! Glad to see another elephant in the making! Good job, Sara! Well done.

Ricky the Sheltie said...

Oreo makes a great elephant! And we love Misty's participation! So cute!

Dreadnought said...

I love the way Oreo does all the work and is there for the treat! Thats just the way my two are. Tippy (my old dog) is always there to collect a treat when I have Tommy running around doing things. Bob.