Thursday, September 11, 2008

changes for the dogs

My going back to work has been a big lifestyle change for the dogs. No longer do they get to spend the entire morning (and most of the afternoon) in the yard, like they do when I am on summer vacation. I get them out for a half hour walk, and then at least 15-20 minutes of ball throwing/chasing either inside or outside before I head to work each day. Still, I feel guilty. Oreo seems to be full of energy when I leave him with his treat filled kong.

When I drive up to the house at 3:30, both dogs are standing on the back of the couch peering out the picture window, waiting for their afternoon "mommytime" to begin. That's when we head outside. Oreo and I run some agility and play ball, while Misty lays in the sun, barks along with the neighbors' dogs and keeps track of what is going on along the road. Misty loves to just be outside observing. Oreo just wants to be wherever I am, preferably with a ball in my hand (come on let's play, let's play, let's play.....).









I'm sure they will get used to their new routine. I am slowly getting used to mine. Jeff tells me that every year I leave for work later and later. No, the school start time hasn't changed. It is still 8:30. It is just that I look at Oreo and think, OK I have time for one more throw of that ball....OK one more....OK this is the last one....

No comments: