Thursday, November 8, 2007

who does that?


I was driving home from work today and saw a couple walking a golden retriever and a tiny chocolate lab puppy. The golden retriever kept looking at the puppy with a smile on his face, as if to say "Where have you been all my life? It is so great to have a buddy to walk with." The puppy was bouncing along, with typical Lab curiosity and dumbness. My heart just swelled up seeing two, completely happy dogs.

On an impulse, I stopped my car in the middle of the road, got out and went gaga over all that chocolaty sweetness. I just had to get my hands on the puppy. The dog walking couple just kept laughing. Either they thought it was funny, or I completely freaked them out and they were laughing out of nervousness.

Then, I began to notice there were some cars waiting behind my car. It's a narrow road, and between my car, myself, the couple and their 2 sweet dogs, I was causing a traffic jam. No one beeped their horn or did any rude hand gestures, they just waited patiently. All these people must have thought I was completely nuts.

I quickly got back in my car, and giggled the rest of the way home; thinking to myself what a weirdo I am. Who stops their car to interact with strangers' dogs?

I do.

I wonder if there is treatment available for the inability to control oneself in the presence of a puppy.

No comments: