Friday, November 2, 2007

monarchy or democracy?

Election day is looming. It is a big election year for my town. Our current Town supervisor is running on all the 4 major parties' ballots. He is endorsed by the democrats, republicans, liberals, and conservatives. Until a few weeks ago, he and a few friends have been running completely unopposed. In a time when huge rifts exist between the two major parties, how could 4 parties agree on the same candidate?

Simple. Money and pay offs. Its all about bringing big business (lots of ugly box stores) to our small, semi-rural town, and making sure certain people (including the chair of the conservative party) make lots of money. Millions.

They have the gall to call themselves a "bi-partisan" team.

It's a virtual monarchy. I feel like I'm living in the former Soviet Union where people got to vote, but only had one choice.

Fortunately, some brave people have formed a new party. So, I will vote for them. I really don't know much about them, except for the fact that they oppose the current office holders. That is a good enough reason for me.

How sad it is to have to vote for someone, simply to try and get rid of the bad guy. I just hope enough people feel the same way I do.

Read all about it here:
http://metroland.net/features.html

No comments: