Sunday, October 28, 2007

just in case...

Jeff bought two motorcycles in one week. Even for him, this is unusual. The first purchase was a donor bike for a chopper. I was expecting that.


The second one, he bought because it was a "great deal". A deal so good, he can't lose money on it. This is typical "Jeff philosophy" ~ make sure you can either make money or break even before making any purchases.


As Jeff was explaining the bike to me, he said that he had to buy the bike, "Just in case."


"Just in case what?" I asked.


"Just in case I decide to keep it, or in case I decide to sell it," he replied.


Yes, it never hurts to have an extra bike lying around, just in case you need some extra cash, or the 3 or 4 (I can't keep track) other bikes in your garage won't start.


I think what Jeff really meant was - just in case someone else decides to buy it before him. Can't let someone else steal a deal out from under him.

2 comments:

Betty said...

How well you understand your Man.

Aunt Dot said...

Love those slickers!!