Monday, September 10, 2007

Recipe - Chicken Fiesta Salad

Jeff took a picture of the dinner I made the other day and told me I should put recipes on my blog. Not a bad idea.

So, here is a good one, which I actually got on line somewhere, and have made a few changes:

Chicken Fiesta Salad

2 boneless chicken breast halves
1 (1.27 oz.) packet of dry fajita seasoning
1 10.5 oz can black beans (I used Goya ) , drained and rinsed
1 7 oz. can corn (I used green giant niblets)
1/2 cup salsa
1 tomato or some cherry tomatoes
lettuce
shredded cheddar cheese
tortilla chips

Rub the chicken with 1/2 the fajita seasoning packet. Fry the chicken in olive oil until cooked through, then chop into bite size pieces.

In a separate pan, mix the beans, corn, salsa, and other half of fajita
seasoning. Heat until warm. ( I do this while cooking the chicken.)

Place lettuce in salad dishes, add some tomatoes. Top with chicken and
dress with the bean/corn mixture. Sprinkle the top with cheddar
cheese. Serve with tortilla chips. A dollop of sour cream is nice,
but not necessary!


Jeff and I get two dinners and a lunch out of this meal. The amount of chicken can be increased or decreased. I have also used tenders instead of breasts, they cook faster. It is so quick and easy and yummy.

Try it.

No comments: