Friday, August 17, 2007

parts and more parts continued

Two of Jeff's latest parts got delivered today. A new frame and gas tank. I think this new frame will be his 6th build. Its hard to keep track.

After putting the tank on top of the frame, Jeff came out of the basement and said, "I amaze myself sometimes. The lines are perfect. I don't know how I do it. I think I may actually have a talent."

Glad he finally figured that out.

Jeff at work (play).

Hmm, I thought safety goggles were for your eyes, not the top of your head.


Yesterday, we had a strange package arrive. It was a soft, floppy, black object rolled up like a poster (about 3 feet long), then wrapped in clear plastic. I had no idea what it was when it arrived. When Jeff called to find out what packages had arrived, I told him it was some long object wrapped in a garbage bag. At first Jeff was clueless, but then figured out it must be the cowhide he had ordered. Yes, we now have a whole cow hide. I guess you don't fold cowhide, you roll it. Jeff will be using it to upholster a chopper seat. The hide is actually kind of shaped like a cow. Not something you see everyday. Maybe in Louisiana it would be. I hope it is the hide of an old cow, who lived a long, peaceful life in a beautiful Vermont hillside farm (I have a good imagination).

No comments: