Friday, August 24, 2007

Change is not always good

I went into my grocery store today to buy a few items, and the place seemed to be under construction. I saw a guy standing at one of the checkout counters with a very large diagram of the store. It appears they are making "improvements" to the design of the store. The store has only been there for about 15 years - its virtually brand new. I thought it was perfectly laid out.

I don't want improvements. That means change. I can make it in and out of the grocery store really quick, because I know where everything is. I make my grocery list in the order the items are laid out in the store from right to left. My coupons are in order the same way. I have it down to a science.

Today, I couldn't find the bread! I asked people who worked there, and they didn't even know. Bread, not some random rare vegetable, bread. The canned vegetables are now where the greeting cards used to be.

I went to get some lunch meat at the deli (still in its completely OK original location). The girl asked me if I needed anything else, and I said, "Yeah, a map."

No comments: