Monday, July 23, 2007

dog days

Today is a dreary, rainy day. A big difference from yesterday, which was picture perfect. I spent yesterday in the backyard with my dogs, doing nothing. Meanwhile, Jeff was busy in the basement working on all his bike projects. Funny how we both enjoyed our day! Jeff felt like he got a lot accomplished, and I felt like I got to relish in the beautiful weather. Jeff did come out to join us every once in awhile, and soaked in some peace and quiet (the neighbors weren't home). Jeff said our backyard alone would sell our house. He's right, it was the reason why I wanted the house the minute I saw it and it looks so much better now. But its so not for sale.

When I looked up from my Adirondack chair, this is what I saw:




And when I looked down, this is what I saw:

Misty loves to sleep in the rocks by the gate. I think she likes that spot because she can keep an eye on the road and on the next door neighbors. In the late afternoon though, its time for a nap.

While Oreo likes to sleep curled up at my feet, after playing with his ball.

The dogs have really taught us how important it is to take it easy in this hectic world we live in.

No comments: